A wedding cake is the centerpiece at one of life's most special occasions. We understand that you’ve probably never ordered a custom cake, let alone a wedding cake before. Rest assured, we have the experience of helping thousands of couples and can do the same for you. Continue to read through this this page and/or give us a call. We’re here to help.
Four Easy Steps LINK TASTING REQ.
As wedding cake professionals, we make the cake selection process simple. There are four steps to selecting a Wedding Cake:
1 - Flavors LINK
Flavor is the primary focus of our bakery, and our nearly dozen cake flavors are tastefully complemented by our light, airy icing. Instead of hard fondant or overly sugary buttercream, our light icing provides the perfect balance of flavor and texture as a topper and filling to our cakes. We can suggest combinations that range from traditional to trendy, but you can also get your creative juices flowing with our fancy wedding cake flavor chart. There is something for everyone.
Wedding Cake Flavors LINK
|White & Chocolate Marble Swirl||Butter Yellow|
|Red Velvet||Applesauce Spice|
Wedding Cake Fillings LINK
|Raspberry & Bavarian Custard||Vanilla Bavarian Custard|
|Chocolate Bavarian Custard||Peanut Butter Mousse|
|Chocolate Chip Mousse||Chocolate Mousse|
|Vanilla Mousse||Cookies n' Cream|
|Chocolate Fudge||Mint Chip Mousse|
|Tart Lemon||Mandarin Orange Mousse|
|Cream Cheese Mousse||Pineapple Cream Cheese Mousse|
|Add chocolate chips to any filling...|
Wedding Cake Icing
Flavor is the primary focus of our bakery, because of this, we provide one icing choice. Instead of using tasteless fondant or overly sugary buttercream, we use a light, airy icing on all of our cakes. Our light icing provides the perfect balance of flavor and texture to our cakes.
Need help choosing a flavor combination?
Get fancy with our wedding cake flavor chart.
Gluten-Free Wedding Cakes LINK
Patty’s Cakes understands that everyone has different dietary needs and restrictions, and we work with our brides and grooms to make something special for everyone, including gluten-free cake options. (click here for more information) (show less)
Items marked with this symbol have a gluten-free option available. Please be sure and ask for the gluten-free option when ordering.
If the bride or groom needs the cake to be gluten-free, we recommend selecting a gluten-free flavor for the top tier and standard cake for the rest of the wedding guests.
If a limited number of guests require a gluten-free option, a popular solution is to purchase gluten-free cupcakes or a separate cake for those guests.
Common Wedding Cake Flavor Questions:
- How many flavors can I have on my cake?
- You may choose a cake flavor and filling for the entire cake, or you may choose a different flavor and filling for each tier. Keep in mind the top tier is reserved for the bride and groom only. It is not included in your final head count.
- How many layers are in each tier?
- Our cakes are double layer. Think of the cake like a sandwich: two layers of cake with filling in between them.
- Are there traditional flavors customarily included in a wedding cake?
- White and chocolate will always be classic selections, but it’s your day, choose your favorite, or opt for crowd favorites...or both!
- How do we decide on flavor/filling combinations for so many people?
- Your guests are there to celebrate your marriage, and your wedding is a reflection of your tastes. It’s a day where you can pick your favorites and we are certain everyone will enjoy them.
- The icing sounds great, but will it melt? Are you sure it stay on my cake the entire night?
- Yes of course it will stay on all night. The icing will not melt (cake is not ice cream). We recommend, like all cakes, that you do not place them in direct sunlight, but in a shaded area.
- Do certain flavors or fillings cost more?
- As notated in the flavor section, all flavors and fillings are the same price with the exception of carrot cake.
2 - Design LINK
Bringing Your Cake to Life
Your wedding cake will come together with the marriage of our cake flavors, airy, light icing, and your ideas for design. While flavor is the primary focus of our bakery, we are happy to work with you to bring the vision of your wedding cake to life. We have photo galleries for inspiration and welcome you to provide pictures as well. We’re quite sure the collaborative creation of your cake will ultimately leave your guests wanting seconds!
Many images of wedding cakes found on the internet are made with fondant. They may look fantastic, but they fall short on flavor. This is how Patty’s Cakes is different--you’ll cut our cake with ease and enjoy every bite!
Our Wedding Cakes
Looking for inspiration? While have we photos in our bakery, the same images are available in our wedding cake photo gallery. Save time and find inspiration prior to your appointment by viewing in advance!
Common Wedding Cake Design Questions:
- Can I customize the cakes that I see in your gallery?
- Of course! Every cake is custom-designed for you. Feel free to mix and match elements and colors.
- I found a photo on the internet, can you replicate the design?
- You are welcome to share it and we'll let know what we can do. While it’s not our original design we'll do our best to recreate it.
- I just want a simple design, will that save me money?
- Our pricing is calculated by headcount and sizing, not design. This gives you more freedom to choose a cake design that you truly love. However; the creation of certain elaborate designs may require additional costs.
- Do you offer multi-shape designs?
- We can make round or square tiered cakes, but we do not offer a mixture of the two on one cake.
- Who provides the flowers on the cake?
- Work with your florist to provide and place the flowers on your cake. They may place the flowers once we have delivered the cake.
3 - Pricing LINK
We keep our pricing as simple as possible. Pricing is math, and we're cake geeks, not math geeks.
Wedding Cake Options LINK
Wedding cakes are typically three-tiered cakes. Small weddings usually have two-tiered cakes. Larger weddings generally require a three, four, or even five-tiered cake, and are often accompanied by a sheet cake for additional servings. Sheet cakes are not displayed with the wedding cake; they are kept in the kitchen and served unbeknownst to the guests. The combined servings from your tiered cake and sheet cake will equal your total headcount. Use the estimator below to figure out what sizes work for your wedding.
Tiered Cake and Sheet Cake
Wedding Cake Packages LINK
Booked your wedding at a venue where a cake from us is included in your package? You're in the right place. A cake from us is included at no cost, however, you have the option to upgrade your design if you'd like. Designs found in the basic category are included. Upgrades can be found premium and prestige categories. The next step is to schedule a tasting.
Wedding Cake Pricing LINK
Guest count, tiered cakes, sheet cakes, delivery, add-ons, and rentals are all factors that determine wedding cake pricing. This estimator is designed to give you an estimate of what those costs are.
Looking to have cupcakes or a dessert bar? Use our dessert calculator.
Wedding Cake Estimator
- Select your cake shape.
- Drag the "tiered cake headcount" slider to match your headcount (example 200).
- Click the box below "To show the estimated total".
- Your estimated total will appear. This would be an estimate for all servings in the tiered cake.
- Want a lower price? Move the “Tiered cake headcount” down (example 50) and move the sheet cake headcount up the same amount. This gives you a new lower total price, and it will serve the same amount of guests. As shown in "Total headcount". Play with these numbers to see your options.
- View the "Common Wedding Cake Pricing Questions" below, or call, or message us with questions. We're here to help. =)
Wedding Cake Accessories LINK
Dress up your wedding cake with a stand or fountain rental.
|Fountain with matching cake stand||$35|
Common Wedding Cake Pricing Questions:
- How many tiers will my cake be?
- The size of your cake is determined by your guest count. Like pizza, different sizes serve different amounts of people. We apply the same principle to multiple tiers. It's a bunch of boring math. Use the estimator above to determine your size.
- Can I save money with sheet cakes?
- Yes the rumors are true, you can save money on your wedding cake by serving sheet cakes to a portion of your guests. However; they are not available to all guest sizes. Use the calculator above and let us know if you have questions.
- No one eats cake at weddings so can I just order sheet cakes?
- We agree. No one eats cakes that aren't good, but people love to eat delicious cake! We are all about delicious cake. Our customer reviews say it best. Keep in mind the cake is both the centerpiece of your wedding, and your dessert. Balancing your budget and having something nice for display is the key.
- What is the downside to sheet cakes?
- There is a give and take with everything. For what you save in price you lose in presentation. The grand base tiers of a four or five tier cake allows it to stand tall and impressive as the reception’s centerpiece. It’s those additional tiers that set the cake apart from a more common three tier wedding cake. This decision comes down to price or presentation, and regardless of how you slice it, we'll bake the cake that meets your needs.
- Can you make a fake cake or fake layers? Will this save me money?
- We don't offer fake cakes or fake tiers. Fake cakes and tiers are just as much work as real cakes if not harder. More work for us means a higher price for you. As stated above it's most cost effective to reduce the numbers of cake tiers and serve sheet cakes to supplement.
4 - Booking LINK
Booking is Easy
Schedule a cake tasting and we'll walk you through our flavors, designs, and pricing options. When everything meets your liking, then it’s time to book your event before our schedule is full! An order form and a deposit of $200 and your wedding cake is booked! Seriously, that’s it!
When Should I Book My Wedding Cake?
We sell out every weekend of the year, and some weekends sooner than others. We suggest booking your wedding cake four to six months in advance. Once booked, we're flexible. Flavors, designs, and headcount can all change up until 14 days prior to your event. Your deposit ensures you have a spot before we sell out. Book a cake tasting asap.
Common Consultation Questions:
- Outside of the bride and groom, who else may attend consultations?
- Due to our limited space and seating, the bride and groom and one additional financially contributing guest may attend. If additional guests come with, they will be asked to to wait outside.
- If the bride or groom cannot make the appointment, can someone sit in for them?
- Yes, someone may sit in for the bride or groom. Please note we only offer one consultation. If they miss this one there is not a second appointment available.
- Do I need to tell you in advance which flavors I would like to taste?
- You do not. You'll be able to choose from the popular flavors and fillings that we bake and make daily.
Additional Information LINK
Most of our weddings are within 30 minutes of our shop. Going beyond 40 minutes depends on where and when. Give us a call or send us a message below to find out if delivery is available in your area. View a list of previously visited wedding venues.
Methods of Payment
Payments can be made in the store, over the phone, or online. We accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and PayPal.
Planning a Wedding Remotely?
If you are planning a wedding remotely we are here to help make that process easy. Choose your flavors and designs, and then send us a message below. We'll fill out your order over the phone, send your contract to be effortlessly e-signed, make your payment online, and you're done. Yep, it's that easy.
Let's Talk Weddings
Request a Cake Tasting and/or ask a question. LINK
Send us message and we'll get back to you within one business day or less.
Allergen Info: Our items are made on equipment used in producing items containing tree nuts, soy, eggs, and milk.